What Kind of Information Does Macallan Communications Collect?
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information the Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (“personal information”). We may also collect information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details. We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and/or automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
More Specifically, the information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling out forms on our Website, including the newsletter subscription form, such as your name, email address, company name, phone number, city, state, and any additional information you provide in a message to us through the form;
- Information collected when you report a problem with our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us; and/or
Each form on website requires your express consent for us to use the information for the purpose you provide it, including contacting you in response and/or in the future on an ongoing basis. You may opt-out at any time by requesting that Macallan Communications delete your data by sending a request to [email protected].
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we (or a third party designated by us) may also use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, the page(s) you request, the domain name of the website from which you may link to the Website, your computer operating system and browser type.
The information we (or a third party designated by us) collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It is stored and used for aggregate research, promotional purposes and for future site development to better understand your needs and improve our products and services, to improve our Website and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns and analyze certain trends and statistics related to user sessions;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches;
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Children Under the Age of 13:
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features on the Website, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or user name. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
What Are Cookies, How Does Macallan Communications Use Them and How Can I Disable them?
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How Does Macallan Communications Use and Protect the Information It Collects?
At Macallan Communications, we have a firm commitment to protecting your privacy and security as our customer. We use firewalls to prevent access to information in our system and Secure Socket Layers (“SSL”) to encrypt your personal information and protect it from disclosure, destruction, modification or use. Please be aware that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
We process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes and may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- When you submit your personal information to us unless you specify otherwise, you are entered into our database. You may then be added to our list to receive communications relating to our products services
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information and services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any purpose for which you provide it to us;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Will My Personal Information Be Disclosed to Third Parties?
- To trusted third parties that have agreed to keep this information confidential
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Macallan Communications’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Macallan Communications about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Macallan Communications, our customers or others;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, for example for investigative and forensic accounting services, or for requesting a speaker for business meeting, seminar, or conference;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
Third Party Sites
The Site may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when leaving the Website to read the privacy statements of each site that collects personal information.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you may have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including the right to:
- request access to your personal data;
- request correction to your personal data;
- request erasure of your personal data;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- request restriction of processing your personal data;
- request transfer of your personal data; and
- withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights listed above, please contact us at [email protected] with your request. We try to respond to all legitimate requests in a timely manner. Occasionally, it may take an extended period of time (a month or longer) to respond to your request if your request is complex or if you have a number of requests.
How Do I Contact Macallan Communications?
Last modified: 5/1/19